Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Things I Want to Remember


I used this picture for this post because first, it's incredibly awesome that it actually captures you at the exact moment of what made that moment so funny. But also, because the most amazing moments can come and go so fast, and I know so many more are in store. So...
Some fun facts and things I want to remember:


1. You got your first tooth when you were 5 months old. You got your 8th tooth when you were 8 months old. You are almost 14 months old and still have 8 teeth.


2. You lost all your hair after you were born (over about a month or so) and it grew back again a few months later - lovely strawberry blonde.


3 You weighed 30 pounds by the time you were 10 months old. You were also 31" inches long at that point. This is the 140th percentile on the baby charts. You are bigger than everyone!!


4. You call Daddy "Daddis". When we walk past the loft, you look up and say, "Daddis?" And I say, "Yes, daddy works upstairs." When you see his baseball cap, you say, "Daddis?" and I say, "Yes, that's Daddy's hat." Everything you are interested in is "daddy's", maybe that's where you go it?! :-)


5. I made all of your baby food from scratch except for the baby rice and oatmeal you had initially between 4 and 6 months. After that, I pureed everything for you. You had maybe 6 jars of commercial baby food in your young life, and that's only b/c we took a long trip and couldn't bring the real stuff easily.


6. You started crawling around 8 months. You are just now getting your walk on (about 13.5 months), which is right on schedule.


7. Your first word was "juice".


8. You still don't say "mama". Every once in a while you say "mom", but I think it's b/c you think it sounds funny.


9. You made us both wear tupperware hats the other day. It was super cute. We have pictures.


10. You hide things. It makes me smile all the time. I'll find a Lego in my sandal, a bottle in the warming drawer of the oven, a teething ring in a cup in a cabinet. And you know where you put them. One day you wanted a bottle so you went and opened up the warming drawer and brought it to me. :-)


11. When you were about 6 months old (just learned how to sit up well by your self), I would put you on the floor with a basket of toys and you'd go through them all and play. You'd coo and blabble and make sweet noises the whole time. Well, after a while I realized you weren't making any noise (which usually means you are in to something you shouldn't be) so I went in the living room and you had scootched yourself over to one of the dog's bones and there you were chewing on the rawhide. No telling how long you had been chewing on it, but it was pretty gummy. I took it away and called the nurse (nothing to worry about), but you still were totally occupied by something when I got off the phone. I walked back in and you had the other dog's rawhide bone and were chewing on it. So, I took this one away and you cried! You wanted it back to chew on so badly. Woof!


Okay, that's all I can think of right now. I mean, there are a million things I could write and I want to remember them all, but these are a few that are popping into my head today.


I love you sweet boy!


Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment